John Wilmot ministered in the pastoral office in three churches in the United Kingdom. His last pastorate of thirty-five years was concluded in 1959 at Highgate Road Baptist Chapel, London. On a number of occasions, responding to the invitations of the late Dr. T.T. Shields and his successor, the late Dr. H.C. Slade, he served as special lecturer at the Toronto Baptist Seminary, preaching also at Jarvis Street Baptist Church. In 1948 the President and Senate of the Seminary conferred upon him the degree of Doctor of Divinity.